Poverty and Shared Prosperity 2018: Piecing Together the Poverty Puzzle - Frequently Asked Questions

Reducing poverty and improving equity
Posted Oct 09, 2018 | World Bank,

According to this household survey from 164 countries by the World Bank, since 1995, more than 1.1 billion people have improved their standards of living sufficiently to escape extreme poverty. But poverty reduction has been very uneven. In 2015, more than half of the global poor resided in Sub-Saharan Africa and more than 85 percent lived in either Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia. The remaining 15 percent, or about 106 million poor people, lived in the other four regions of the globe. The 2018 forecast of 8.6 percent suggests that the rate of poverty reduction has slowed to less than half a point per year between 2015 and 2018. 


https://www.worldbank.org/en/research/brief/poverty-and-shared-prosperity-2018-piecing-together-the-poverty-puzzle-frequently-asked-questions

 

Share |
print button Print
Related Articles:

Members Online
There are 2 guests online

updating...

Popular Articles

Popular Videos














CNN World News

 

Al Jazeera World News

 

BBC World News